Monday, October 10, 2022

Love those health care workers

It was not my plan at all to spend time in hospital, but that's what happened, as I mentioned yesterday. I won't go into details, because this blog is NOT about me, but I will say I am okay and there is no need to worry. I am mentioning this again today because I want to say that health care workers are incredible!

During my hospital stay, I got to see nurses, aides, technicians, phlebotomists, physicians, and any number of other hospital employees, not only dealing with me, but I could overhear their interactions with other patients.  So much caring!  If the whole world was like the people I have just encountered in hospital, we would never have anything to worry about.

This really isn't news to me.  I already knew about some exceptional health care workers.  I just had to point it out though because all to often this people are taken for granted.  Coming out of a pandemic, so many in the profession are exhausted from seeing so much suffering and death from so many people.  Yes, there are bad apples just like in any area of work but let us celebrate the good ones.  Being a nurse, doctor, or any health care worker, makes a difference to other people.  Think about the work they do the next time you visit your provider.  Be sure to say thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment