Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Making one dress a day

Making one dress a day might not seem like a big deal, but how about if you are nearing your 100th birthday and the dresses you are making are for charity?  You may recall my writing here about six months ago, about a Christian organization that sends dresses to Africa.  Lillian Weber is one of their star dress makers.
 
Little Dresses for Africa was founded in 2008 in Michigan and dresses are made in a variety of ways.  My original blog post is HERE if you want to look back.  Just recently I checked their website again and I learned of this wonderful 99 year old lady and her daily donation of one more dress.  Apparently she occasionally has made more than one a day too!
 
People giving back to others and making a difference is what this blog is all about and hearing about Lillian Weber made my day!  According to their website, Mrs Weber's goal is to sew 1000 dresses by her 100th birthday next spring.  I'm certain with a spirit like hers, she will make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment