Tuesday, December 3, 2013

no more Moishe's

Joe Sattler, owner of Moishe’s Pippic deli here in San Francisco's Hayes Valley, has called it quits.  that's right folks, Moishe’s Pippic is no more.

What a guy!  What a place!  Joe and his ever-faithful sandwich maker Able have been putting smiles on my face for years.  Both of their wives sometimes helped out.  It wasn't just a neighborhood shop.  Folks came from across the city.  Tourists visited too.  My mom enjoyed eating at Moishe’s Pippic and even had a nice roast beef sandwich from there on her last birthday.
 
Saturday was officially the last day but yesterday the sign went up.  I was sworn to secrecy last week when I found out. I didn't swear to sing the praises of Moishe's Pippic though.  How can a couple of guys running a deli, make a difference in this world?  I don't have the answer, but they sure did!
 
They will indeed be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment