Monday, November 16, 2015

a slice of pie

Pie. I love pie. Here in San Francisco, where I am visiting, there are so many places where I can get some good pie! My favorite is strawberry-rhubarb, but a nice cherry pie is good, and pumpkin is quite satisfying too. Now I know this blog is not about me. It's about making a difference in the world, so what does pie have to do with that?

Happiness is one of the greatest things we can experience, and different things make different people happy. Pie is one of the things that makes me happy. Do feel free to tell us about some of the things that make you happy. I remember an old time television program where the maid was always giving slices of pie, or sometimes fresh homemade cookies, to people. It made them happy. I had some wonderful neighbors once who did the same thing. There would be a knock at my door, and one of them would be standing there with something delicious for me to eat. My mom's landlady did it with bread. She was always baking bread, and there would always be an extra loaf for Mom. If you haven't tasted fresh hot bread, straight out of the oven, you are missing out.

Do you bake? Think about sharing with someone. Bring cookies in to school or to work. How about that deliveryperson who is always doing extra things for you? A slice of pie (or even a whole pie), can be quite a reward. You get the idea.  You can easily make someone's day with very little effort.  A slice of pie might not change the world all by itself, but what a delicious way to start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment