Sunday, May 15, 2016

Walking in New York

Right now in New York's Central Park thousands are taking part in the annual AIDS Walk New York, which not only raises funds and awareness, but also helps fight the stigma that still exists. This is such an important event, and my hats off to all of the participants, volunteers, and of course the sponsors!

Later this summer, I will be taking part in AIDS Walk San Francisco, as I do each year, and I urge you to become involved in any of the many AIDS Walks that take place all over the country. Not one anywhere near you? You can still sponsor someone (like me) at one of the events, make a general donation to any of the walks, or think about organizing something where you live. What a great way to make a difference!

I'm happy with the news I am hearing right now from New York and wish I could be with them and this very successful event. If you want to donate to today's event there, or just learn more about it, go to http://ny.aidswalk.net/ - there are also links there that will lead you to many other interesting facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment