Monday, September 18, 2017

Inspired by Ellen

Reading this daily, as I hope many of you do, you are already aware of my great admiration for Ellen DeGeneres.  She doesn't just talk about being kind, she IS kind, and she makes a difference every single day.  I'm sure she doesn't want me to talk about her as much as I do, but it's all true.

Ellen has helped out so many individuals and organizations on her daily talk show.  Sometimes it's hard for me to make it through her program without breaking into tears.  She not only gives away money and merchandise, but she brings needed attention to various causes.

We're not just talking about a brief segment on a television program though.  Ellen is a giver wherever she is and has supported  The Trevor Project, PETA, Habitat For Humanity, Project Cuddle, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Farm Sanctuary, and Susan G. Komen for the Cure.  Also It Gets Better Project, Love Our Children USA, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Artists Against Racism, Clothes Off Our Back, Stand Up To Cancer, Heifer International, and many others.

I'm not here to tell you to watch the Ellen DeGeneres program, but it's become a habit of mine (there's a lot of great entertainment on there too) and Ellen certainly is an inspiration.  As I mentioned before, it was her request that we all be kind to one another, that sparked me to writing my other blog about kindness.  She makes the word a better place and we all can be glad indeed that Ellen DeGeneres came our way!


No comments:

Post a Comment