Thursday, January 10, 2019

Making a Difference One Cupcake at a Time

Writing this blog for over ten years, I have come across a lot of wonderful giving people, but when I heard about Jennifer Clark, the owner of Jen's Sweet Treats, I cried.  I have not met this woman, but from all accounts, she could easily be the posterperson for this blog.
 
There was a news story on Columbus, Ohio tv station WCMH4 about the community coming together to give a van to a local business owner and that business owner being moved to tears.  Good story, but there had to be more.  I did some checking and found that a LOT has been written about this businesswoman.
 
Some of what I found told about the delicious baked goods that Jennifer Clark creates and some was about the family history.  (Her father and mother had been bakers and her daughter has also joined in the business).  Almost every story I read and every review I saw for her bakery also praised her community involvement and her giving back.  She has raised money for the Wisconsin Humane Society, the families of fallen police officers, local youth sports, supported local firefighters, gave gifts to pediatric patients, and more. No wonder they wanted to give her that van!
 
On her facebook page, Jen gave thanks for the generous gift and said "Thanks to all of you my mission of 'Making a Difference One Cupcake at a Time' can continue!"  I simply have to meet this woman some day (and sample some of her treats too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment