Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Be Prepared

One thing I learned from my days as a Boy Scout, is to be prepared.  I also lived for many years in earthquake prone areas and we are told the same thing.  If a big quake hits, you make be on your own for awhile, so have food, medicine, and other supplies ready, in case you can't get out.  Good advise always of course, but we are hearing it more lately as COVID-19 spreads.
 
Being prepared doesn't just mean having enough supplies.  It also means having good information.  Already false reports are circulating on social media, and this does no good at all.  Get your facts directly, not from friends quoting a source.  Despite anyone's good intentions, it is also possible to misquote your source.  Right now, your state and local health departments, the Centers for Disease Control, and the World Health Organization are among the best sources.
 
Since I am not a health provider, you will not see me giving any medical guidance, and since information is rapidly updating, you also won't see me giving specific information on COVID-19 here either.  Yes, this is important, and I'm certain I will be writing more, but please know your best sources are those I mentioned above.  Since we really don't know what to expect, be prepared for whatever might happen.
 
Here is the CDC's webpage for the very latest information on COVID-19:  https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/

No comments:

Post a Comment