Sunday, May 10, 2020

Sing to our mothers!

I could write here every day about my mother.  She really was special and made a huge difference in my life, in my sister's, and in the lives of so many people she touched.  She worked as a nurse, and during this pandemic, I have thought about her often and about how she would be dealing with all this.  It's been over seven years now since she passed away and I still miss her a lot and think about her often.

Today is Mother's Day of course, but it's a very odd one.  Even if you mom is still alive, you might not be able to see her because of COVID-19.  Even if she is not with you though, she had an impact.  I love how people each year share pictures and stories of their mothers and grandmothers on social media.

Perhaps we can have a zoom meeting or do a facebook live and sing about our moms.  There is an abundance of mother songs by the way.  My favorite though is one called The Perfect Fan, written by Brian Littrell of the Backstreet Boys and performed by them.  Sing these words to your mom as you think happy thoughts about all she has meant to you:

It takes a lot to know what is love
It's not the big things, but the little things
That can mean enough
A lot of prayers to get me through
And there is never a day that passes by
I don't think of you
You were always there for me
Pushing me and guiding me
Always to succeed

You showed me
When I was young just how to grow
You showed me
Everything that I should know
You showed me
Just how to walk without your hands
Cuz mom you always were
The perfect fan

God has been so good
Blessing me with a family
Who did all they could
And I've had many years of grace
And it flatters me when I see a smile on your face
I wanna thank you for what you've done
In hopes I can give back to you
And be the perfect son

You showed me how to love
You showed me how to care
And you showed me that you would always be there
I wanna thank you for that time
And I'm proud to say you're mine

Cuz mom you always were,
Mom you always were
Mom you always were,
You know you always were
Cuz mom you always were... the perfect fan

I love you Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment