Sunday, January 2, 2022

Resolved

Yesterday we began a new year and for many people that meant a list of things to do this year. Now while the whole idea of New Year's resolutions is to make yourself better, I have never really been a fan.  Personally, I think we would do good to resolve every single day to make it a good one and to make a difference in the world.
 
Now I am not saying it is wrong to make a list.  For some it works quite well.  Folks will resolve to quit smoking, lose some weight, stay fit, become better organized, spend less money, fall in love, and to spend more time with family, take a class, and any number of other things.  If we use this as goals, it can actually be very good, but when we put the pressure on and insist that these several things MUST happen, we often set ourselves up for failure, and that's why I have never been a fan.
 
Even though this blog is NOT about me, let me tell you, I don't make resolutions, but I do set goals from time to time - not just at the beginning of the year.  Also, as I mentioned, I think resolving to make a difference every single day is such a good model.  Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment