Sunday, October 25, 2020

In Memory of Mom and Wilson

There are great people you meet along the way, who inspire you to do great things yourself. For me, my mom Teddy Fritts, and my friend Wilson Fang were two such people. I would normally be in San Francisco this week, to do something I do annually - participate in the Light the Night Walk for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Cancer is a terrible things but they both fought with courage, and both lost their battles way too soon.

I first became involved in this event when Mom was diagnosed with leukemia.  She was one of my annual sponsors.  Wilson was too.  In addition to the two of them, I have lost a number of other sponsors because they have lost their cancer fight.  This just makes me more and more determined.

The Light the Night Walk is a fundraising campaign benefiting The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and their funding of research to find blood cancer cures. Walks take place on various dates at cities all across the country. In addition to raising money, they also raise awareness. I also find a lot of comfort in something they do before each walk - a remembrance ceremony.  I try hard each year to let folks know I am doing this, so I can raise a good amount of money and really make a difference. If you have been touched by any cancers, you might like to donate money or to even participate in a future event.  Click HERE to give.  (ANY amount can be donated).

Mom and Wilson were an inspiration, and I miss them both. This week I join with so many others to Light the Night (virtually because of the pandemic) in their memory. Find out more and get involved too at http://www.lightthenight.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment