Friday, August 11, 2017

A trip to Barn Sanctuary

Animals are such wonderful creatures. I've always enjoyed the visits I have made to farms and to the woods where all kinds of animals exist in a nice peaceful setting.  I've written here before about the importance of treating all animals with decency and respect, but I want to mention the Barn Sanctuary, which I just heard about.

Now generally I like to have a lot of information about any organization I write about, but I just couldn't wait.  I saw a tv news report and immediately said "What a great idea!"  It seems that in Chelsea, Michigan there is now a place that provides shelter to cows, horses, turkeys, pigs, chickens, ducks, sheep, and goats who have been rescued from cases of abuse, abandonment, and from natural disasters.  I watched videos and pictures on their facebook page, and my heart melted.

As I said, I don't know a lot about them, but I intend to find out more.  They do have a website at https://www.barnsanctuary.org/ that does a great job of telling their story and how we can all get involved.   I'd love to take a trip there, and they will soon be open to the public.  Until then, be kind to all animals.  They deserve our love and respect just as much as humans do.

No comments:

Post a Comment