Friday, April 5, 2019

Woman donates over 200 shoes

Addy Tritt has been on tv and in the newspapers this week because of her generous donation of over 200 shoes.  You may have already heard this story, but it warms my heart and I just have to share it. 

As you may know, the Payless shoes stores are closing down and liquidating their entire inventory.  Ms Tritt was in one of their stores thinking "who could I donate these to"?  Just thinking about it is pretty wonderful I think, but she went further.  All the shoes (204 of them) were priced at a dollar each, but she didn't have that much money so she began to negotiate with them.  How cool is that?  A lot of folks would have just bought what they could afford, or even given up, but Ms Tritt kept at it until she got the entire remaining stock for just $100.  Oh my!

Where should these go?  Where will they do the most good? She remembered the devastating flooding in Nebraska and decided that is where she should send them.  So many families have lost everything, so any donation is helpful, but this one is huge.  Oh and when asked about it I love what Addy Tritt told the press:  "This is just part of being a human being. It brings me so much joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment