Tuesday, June 18, 2019

The Trevor Project

Yesterday I mentioned The Trevor Project, but today I want to say a lot more.  (I really should have done this last night when they presented an amazing program and fundraiser).  This incredible organization provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning youth and helped so many kids get their lives on track.  I was pleased to see Eugene Lee Yang's connection and so many other celebrities.

I watched TrevorLIVE last night as they celebrated 21 years of our life-saving work. It was a heartwarming program, and as I said earlier, I wish I had told you about it yesterday, so many of you could have tuned in.  I do hope many of you will donate though.  The easiest way is through their secure website HERE.  You can also find out much more about them by going to https://www.thetrevorproject.org
I hope you will share this information with family and friends too.  All too often lgbtq youth are disowned by their parents or other relatives.  Feeling alone and isolated can be a terrifying experience.  How wonderful that The Trevor Project is there for people who find themselves all alone.  If you know of anyone thinking about suicide, they deserve immediate help - please call the Trevor Lifeline at 866-488-7386.

No comments:

Post a Comment