Friday, June 7, 2019

This Could Be The Start Of Something Big

Celebrating the fiftieth anniversary of Stonewall this year, there are a lot of new Pride events and I am thrilled and excited to see something happening in Mohave County, Arizona.  This happens to be where I live these days, so I have an extra reason to be hoping for success here.  For the very first time, there is a Pride event in downtown Kingman, AZ and the day long festival in the park tomorrow will be followed in the evening by an after-party complete with drag queens.  While that might be business as usual in a large city, it's not what you usually find in this relatively small town.
This could be the start of something big folks and I really hope it is successful!  I am not one of the organizers, but I do know that a lot of work has gone into this.  If you live in or near Northwest Arizona, come to Kingman tomorrow and join in the fun.  The festival will be from 10am to 8pm in Metcalf Park on Beale Street in Kingman.  The after-party is nearby and a Sunday morning drag brunch is the perfect way to end the Pride celebration here.  Tell your friends too!
Now this not having happened here before, I cannot tell you how successful it will be.  A lot of that is up to us.  As with all struggles, if we want to make progress, we have to participate.  On Sunday, I wrote here about the need for Pride and I think the need if often greater in smaller communities.  I am very happy that local media have been reporting on this, and I hope others will keep spreading the word.  As I often say, together we can make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment