Monday, August 23, 2021

Before you donate

Donating money to a charity can be a wonderful thing. Right now there are so many places that can use our help.  Sadly, in times of crisis, there are more folks who try to take advantage of the generosity of others and the scams have already started appearing.  Making random contributions to unknown charities might do little except to empty your bank account if you don't keep your eyes open.  Here is a top ten list of questions you should ask yourself before donating.  Be generous if you are able, but be cautious too!

10.  Have I ever given to this organization before?

  9. How does the charity acknowledge my donation?

  8. Is this charity local or does it stretch beyond my town?

  7. Do any of my friends or relatives donate to this cause?

  6. Are the employees/officers of this charity paid inflated salaries?

  5. How much of my money goes directly to those in need?

  4. Do I feel strongly about this cause?

  3. Are my actions/donations really helping?

  2. How can I help, beyond making this donation?

And the number one question you should ask yourself before donating:
  1. Is the charity reputable?

No comments:

Post a Comment