Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Nursing Hero

Just the other day someone said calling healthcare workers "heroes" perpetuates the idea that people in the medical field have some sort of "superpower."  They don't.  They are simply ordinary people who deserve better support and actual action (such as following medical advice, wearing a mask, and getting vaccinated).  Now don't get me wrong.  There are heroes out there.  I know some of them.  One of them happens to be a nurse.

Now I don't write about private parties here because everyone deserves their privacy, but I have to tell you about this guy.  I've told him before how inspiring he is, and that would be an understatement.  As I said, he's a nurse, and he works twelve hour hospital shifts.  That's not all though. He has two jobs, full time student, and is working on an upcoming project.  Oh and he's also a fitness trainer.  I'm really not sure where he finds the time!

I don't know him well, and haven't known him for a long time, which also makes me sing his praises after he checked on my well-being after hearing I had just had another health issue.  This guy doesn't just go through the motions, he cares.

If his actions weren't encouraging enough, he also encourages with his words.  "The hardest thing to do is not allow the negative to influence your day."  That's something he recently said.   He also said "a great attitude becomes a great mood, and that great mood becomes a great day!"  Indeed. 

Someday you will know him.  Someday people everywhere, even those in the highest places, will speak his name.  He isn't looking for fame though.  He's just being a natural hero.  The world needs more like this guy and I'm so glad he came our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment