Sunday, April 12, 2020

Not how I planned it

How many of my Easters have not been like I planned? Eight years ago my aunt died on Palm Sunday, so Easter Day that year was not as joyful as planned. Mom loved Easter and wanted to take my sister and I to dinner back in 2013 on Easter Day, but six days earlier she passed away. Easter was not as planned. (I will however always be grateful to two dear friends who took my sister and I out for dinner). 
 
These were not the only Easters that didn't go as planned, but I don't usually write about myself here.  You may have experienced some Easters that were not as planned.  This year is certainly NOT going to be how I planned it.  Nothing these days is how we would have planned. 
 
Easter though is not about me nor is it about you.   Whether you are marking the springtime arrival of flowers popping up in your garden, or the resurrection of Jesus Christ, Easter is about new life and new beginnings.  Social distancing and staying at home was certainly not what any of us planned,  but if Easter has any meaning in our lives, we must be confident that we will make it through this and that new things will be coming.  The expectant waiting leading up to Easter Day, is the same kind of waiting we are all going through, all around the world. 

Now I won't pretend that easy days are ahead, I'm just urging you to believe.  Even though this is not how we planned it, we are hopeful that better days are soon here, and we are confidant that those new beginnings will bring great joy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment