Wednesday, July 1, 2020

From where I sit

Well LGBTQ Pride Month is over, but there of course is so much more I could say.  There are a lot of other things to talk about too including the reawakening of some folks to the fact that all Americans are not treated equally.  In three days we celebrate the birth of this nation and from where I sit, one of the best things we can do is to re-read the Declaration of Independence and then to actually make it so!
 
This blog is NOT about me.  I always try to be as objective as possible here, but when it comes to injustice, there has been so much in the past four of five months that I just can't stomach.  How can people actually debate slavery?  How can any intelligent adult actually think that inequality is alright?
 
This and another blog I write each day will continue.  I will also be screaming and yelling and making myself hoarse at times, but we cannot be silent. We need to let our voices be heard and when someone says something that does make sense, we need to challenge it. Silence threatens freedom. Silence is acceptance of the status quo.  Silence enables.  I know it is much easier to silently shake our heads in disapproval, but what does that accomplish?

This is 2020 folks!  Nobody anywhere should be treated like a second class citizen.  NOBODY!  We can fix this - we really can, but we have to care first.  We have to believe in things like love and kindness and fairness.  We have to believe that we ALL are created equal.  2020 has enough negative marks against it.  Let's have a good, strong, positive mark.  Let true equality happen in your hearts and all across this nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment