Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Nice

"Have a nice day!" we tell folks. Many years ago, I used to close my radio program saying "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." I think we can all agree that NICE is good. I also used to say that nice is never out of style! I know some production people in LA who say that all the time too.

George Foreman was a fighter, so it might surprise you that he has spoken of the importance of being nice. Foreman said "It's very important that people know that I really enjoy everything that has happened to me. And I tell my kids 'you're not going to be the tallest, fastest, prettiest, the best track runner, but you can be the nicest human being that someone has ever met in their life.' And I just want to leave that legacy that being nice is a true treasure."

Lately we haven't seen as much nice as we should. That doesn't mean it is no longer important though. I "think we all just need to try a little harder. That includes me of course. The nice people you encounter today, the nice moments you experience, will warm your heart and you will remember them far longer than any bad moments. Make somebody's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment