Thursday, December 23, 2021

Happy Holidays!

Some folks think I'm a Scrooge.  I'm not.  I love Christmas.  It is one of the happiest things I can think of.  It has always been that way.  When I was a little kid, the President of the United States was shot and killed.  It was far from where we lived, but that day in Dallas made me afraid.  I couldn't get to sleep.  Mom said to think of something happy.  I did.  I thought of Christmas.  (It worked too, by the way).

The way I celebrate Christmas is very traditional and it seems fewer and fewer people celebrate that way, but that's okay.  I suppose that's one reason I like hearing "Happy Holidays!"  There are a number of holidays at this time of year, and folks celebrate in different ways.  

I don't start listening to Christmas music at the beginning of December, even though some people do and I don't put up a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving, but I do put one up. Many people will be taking down there tree tomorrow or the next day, but not me.   I'll be decorating tomorrow night, and those decorations will stay up until the sixth of January.  Different customs.  Different ways of celebrating.  I'm no Scrooge though.  I love Christmas.

There are those of course who don't celebrate Christmas at all.  Perhaps another occasion will be on their list.  Perhaps.  We are all different and that is okay.  Maybe you won't celebrate anything at all until we say goodbye to 2021 and ring in the new year.  Whatever your custom is, may you be happy with it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment