Thursday, December 30, 2021

A very pleasant journey

The music of Journey brings me great joy. Their songs are legendary:  After All These Years, Don't Stop Believin', Separate Ways (Worlds Apart), Open Arms, Faithfully, and of course Lights.  I must admit to usually getting a few tears when I hear lights.  Music has a superpower.  It makes us feel good.  Jonathan Cain's keyboards are always perfect and Arnel Pineda's voice is like a foretaste of heaven.

If for some reason you don't know about Journey, do yourself a favor and go to youtube or your favorite platform, and listen.  I know you will be pleased.

It's not just the music though.  There is a whole lot more.  Sometimes when someone is famous, they become puffed up and conceited, but these guys seem to be so very kind and down-to-earth.  I was looking recently at comments from lead singer Arnel Pineda talking about spreading the love.  Oh my!  We do indeed need more of that.  I've actually written about Arnel here in the past, and I have a feeling I will write more in the future.  He's one-of-a-kind.

Enjoy your last day of 2021 and take a very pleasant journey with the music of Journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment