Friday, February 11, 2022

She wasn't alone

On Wednesday and again yesterday, I wrote here about people dying. I didn't know how (or if) I would continue the story until late afternoon when I learned of the passing of a lovely lady, I knew from volunteer work. Like the others, her death was sad, but this woman was not alone.

In 23 years, she gave nearly 20,000 of her time to hospital patients and community and showed true leadership in the hospital's volunteer services program. I had the privilege of eating lunch with this woman a few times, and every time admired her zest for life and her appreciation of her family and her friends. Always well-liked, her co-workers voted her Volunteer of the Year a few years back.

The lady I speak of here has been loved and respected for years, and in her final hours, there were many who cared about her and who now miss her. That to me is how a life well-lived should end. Tell people you love them. Show them that you appreciate them. Let them know you care. When our life comes to an end, let it be "surrounded by family and friends." Nobody should ever have to be all alone. Nobody should ever have to feel unloved or unwanted.

Rest in peace dear lady. Thanks for making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment