Thursday, February 24, 2022

Fighting in Europe

Sometimes, even when it has been expected, things happen that are so horrible, you choke on your thoughts and your words. I will never understand war. Why does it happen? How can anyone justify the taking of another human life? Thousands of Russian military personnel amassed near the Russo-Ukrainian border a year ago, generating international concern over a potential invasion then. It didn't happen. The troops were partially removed when summer came. By the end of the year, Russian troops built up once again, with 100,000 troops surrounding Ukraine on three sides.  Tension continued to build.  This was not unexpected, but it is still horrible, and I still don't understand.

Both sides will tell stories of course but who is right and who is wrong really isn't important.  This all could have been avoided.  There are ways to steer clear of conflict.  War is never the answer.  Killing is never the answer.

I have been watching the news.  This is a sad situation to say the least.  I'm very frustrated too because I can't seem to express myself.  Sometimes things happen that are so horrible, you choke on your thoughts and your words.  This is one of those times.  My hopes and my prayers are that the fighting come to a quick conclusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment