Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Raising awareness about brain injuries

Raising awareness and funds for the Brain Injury Association of America, a woman is leaving from San Francisco to run all the way across the country to New York City!  I'm out of breath just thinking about it.  Wow!  Her name is Jessica Goldman and at this very minute she is on the steps of City Hall here for a sendoff ceremony that begins this adventure, which is also an attempt at setting a record or two.
 
I don't know if you have ever heard of the Brain Injury Association of America, but I am learning a lot of wonderful things about them and I suppose the best thing to do here is to direct you to their website at http://www.biausa.org/ - tons of information is available there.  They will also be keeping you updated on Ms Goldman's cross-country trek.
 
This trip to New York is exciting to me for many reasons.  Just look at the distance for one thing and look at the geography between here and New York!  She is also traveling solo.  I doubt if I could be that brave.  Any time someone raises awareness though I think it is a wonderful thing, and to raise money as well makes it all the more wonderful. 
 
Want to follow Jessica Goldman?  Click HERE to see her blog updates.  She also has a facebook page that you can follow HERE.  As for me, I'm not that far from San Francisco City Hall.  I think I'll run on over and see her off in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment