Monday, April 21, 2014

The scraps of our lives


Since my mother's death last spring, I have spent a lot of time looking through old photos of Mom and going through tons of scrapbooks.  She really did an excellent job of keeping track of our lives with the very latest pictures dating just weeks before she died.  I have been thinking about how wonderful this is.
 
Do you ever wonder about your roots?  Do you have questions about a favorite aunt or uncle from long ago or want to know what your great-grandmother looked like?  Some people try to trace their family tree, but run into all kinds of roadblocks.  I have discovered that keeping diaries and scrapbooks and photo albums will be very valuable in the future.  I have come across old pictures of my grandparents when they were children!  I'm sure you don't want to go through page after page of my baby pictures, but this of course is NOT about me.
 
Of course it can be a lot of fun to look at your old baby pictures or memories from your graduation.  Every one of our lives tells a story and while  I've enjoyed reliving a lot of old moments seeing these old snapshots and clippings, I urge you to keep similar books yourself.  You will really be happy to have those memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment