Friday, January 29, 2016

another chance for us to get it right

So with this first month of the year nearly over, how are you coming with those resolutions? Didn't do so well? Hey! There's always next month - or next year! I think it was Oprah Winfrey who said "Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right." Of course, we can ask "What is right?"

Some of those resolutions that folks make at the beginning of the year, are really so difficult, that we have little chance.  Stop beating yourself up because you only lost five pounds when you said you were going to lose fifty.  Set realistic goals if you like, but be kind to yourself.  Encourage others along the way and quite often they will also encourage you.

Now, I'm not a huge fan of resolutions. Do your best every day of your life. THAT should be a goal everyone can get behind. Things like showing concern for my neighbor and trying to make a difference, are lifelong resolutions for me, and I believe in Oprah's "another chance for us to get it right" idea, but in my case I think of every day like that. Each day of our life we can try to do better and to be better.

So, let me ask you, are there goals that you have? Have you resolved to do any particular things? Share some of those with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment