Friday, September 2, 2022

happiness

On this Friday morning, are you happy? Right now as you read this, do you have a smile on your face? Is there a feeling of joy about you? 

I want to talk about happiness here today because there are folks who never seem to be happy and others who always seem to be happy. It doesn't have to be an either-or situation. Do you fall into either group, or are you more in between?

There is a statement attributed to Abraham Lincoln that I find a lot of truth in. "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be." In other words, we can decide if we are going to be happy or not.  It's up to us, at least in part.  Yes, I know bad things happen and I don't expect us to smile through those moments of sorrow, but I bet we can all smile a little bit more.

I'm fortunate to be part of a family that has always been filled with joy and I seem to find friends that are the same way. While every single day might not be the most marvelous, what good is feeling bad about it? There are always good things to look at! May your day be filled with happiness and the month ahead bring you lots of smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment