Thursday, November 17, 2016

Boxing with Chieh Huang

Just over three years ago, an incredible company was launched in the garage of Chieh Huang. I LOVE their products and I LOVE their service, but this isn't a shopping blog, and most of you know that I never talk about commercial operations. I do want to tell you about Mr Huang though because it seems he is some sort of saint.

As CEO of this company, called Boxed, you might expect him to be sitting in some stuffy office, issuing orders to all his underlings. Nope. Not this guy. Although I have never spoken to him, I've been reading a lot, and it seems his employees adore him. Is that because he pitches in and works alongside everyone? Is it because last year he announced a College Tuition fund for his employees' kids? Is it because he said they would pay for the weddings of their employees, up to $20,000? Is it because he has provided an endless supply of Boxed snacks? People who work at Boxed say Huang has a heart of gold. By the way, Boxed was named to the 2016 Best Places to Work in New York City.

Last month Boxed employees volunteered at Riverside Park on New York City's Upper West Side. The donate time to many great causes, in fact just this week Boxed workers put together 50 boxes filled with toiletry items for parents of pediatric cancer patients at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. The company, and individual employees, are generous with donations of money too.

I could go on and on, because this is an organization that really believes in giving back, and there are numerous examples. I'm happy to be a customer, and I'm even happier that people like this still exist in our world! You can find out more at their website, https://www.boxed.com/ (and although, I don't endorse businesses on this blog, you can also place orders via that site with no delivery charge on the first order). Chieh Huang and Boxed - definitely making this a better world!

No comments:

Post a Comment