Monday, November 13, 2017

Thanks Whoopi

She's a comedian, actress, author, activist, tv host, and from everything I have every heard, a darn nice person.  I've never met Whoopi Goldberg, but I have been entertained by her for as long as I can remember, and I don't think there is another person I respect and admire more than her.

The whole purpose of this blog has always been to suggest ways of getting involved and making a difference in our world, and to spotlight those everyday heroes who are courageously helping to make this a better place.  Ms Goldberg could easily be the poster-person for this blog.  She is always her true self and says (and does) what it needed when it is needed.  She is certainly not one of those celebrities who sits on her throne, expecting the whole world to bow down to her.

Her support for lgbtq rights is unwavering.  It's not just talk either.  You will see Whoopi Goldberg out on the front lines, not just here in the US, but she called a couple of years ago for global solidarity with lgbtq sisters and brothers in Uganda and Nigeria.  She also helped launch the Give A Damn campaign (with Cyndi Lauper).

I could spend the entire morning writing about how this incredible woman is always giving.  I could talk at length about her wonderful movie roles (I actually watched some of the filming of Sister Act ), her comedy, and her daily gig on The View.  Instead, I just want to say happy birthday to this amazing and inspiring woman, and say thanks for making a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment