Saturday, June 17, 2023

Lance makes a difference every day

Who hasn't heard of Lance Bass?  He's a pop singer, a dancer, actor, producer, radio and tv personality, author, and activist. He might not have started out to be all those things, but over time, they have developed.  He is also making a huge difference for the LGBTQ+ community. 

By being openly gay, Lance is another person showing the world that gay people want the same things as everyone else:  respect, equality, and freedom from hate.  Every time he says "my husband and I," he is making a difference.  The wedding of Lance and his spouse Michael Turchin (pictured here), back in 2014 was recorded and shown on cable tv.  Sometimes just being yourself is all it takes.
 
So much talent in this guy!  Seriously.  I love his talk show appearances.  He always speaks his mind.  That is important. Now I have spoken many times about the importance of being open and honest, and it is my hope that one day closets will again be only for clothing, but let me be very clear.  I do not wish to see anyone in danger.  There are still times when some need to remain in the closet for their own safety, and that should be respected.

I've met Lance and seen him at a couple of different lgbtq events, but he is also making a difference in other areas as well.  He's done telethons for various causes, been an active supporter for animal rights, and is also involved with the Environmental Media Association.  Thank you Lance, thank you Michael, and happy Pride Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment