Thursday, June 22, 2023

TransMarch

Twenty years! Oh my! This year marks a milestone for sure, as the San Francisco area comes together for the 20th time to honor the resilience, strength, and beauty of transgender and gender non-conforming individuals.  I remember being there the very first year and going back year after year.  I also remember all of those wonderful souls who are no longer with us.

Tomorrow's event begins in the morning with the SeƱora Felicia Flames Intergenerational Brunch, honoring another giant of the community. Later comes the stage performances and the resource fair. The march itself comes in the evening and ends with a rally demanding equality and respect.

Toronto has a Trans March too as do several other cities, but I can write about the San Francisco event from experience. It is always a wonderful day increasing visibility, activism and acceptance of all.  I have always been made to feel very welcome and wish I could be present tomorrow.

More information is available at https://www.transmarch.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment