Monday, January 22, 2024

Joyful moments

How much joy do you have in your life? I'm not talking about money or wealth or how many friends you have or how well known you are. I'm talking about genuine bliss. What brings you happiness? Do you even take the time for joy or are you to busy with the kids or the job or trying to impress someone?

I've only lived in this neck of the woods for a few years, so I am frequently discovering new things.  On my daily morning walk, I go in different directions and sometimes encounter small animals, especially rabbits or lizards, or I might see some gorgeous flowers or other plant life. It's amazing. I have found myself smiling at some pretty simple things, even at the window of a newly opened downtown business.

Of course beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder.  What brings joy to one person may not be joyful to others.  Take some time though and enjoy your beauties, wherever and whatever they may be.  Joyful moments seem to be more and more frequent. Want to be happy? Allow yourself to be! That may seem odd, but seriously, take the time. Allow yourself some joyful moments. You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment