Thursday, March 14, 2024

Who inspires you?

Just a few months before she died, I was helping my mother setup a new password for her television and telephone service and the service agent wanted as a hint (in case the password was forgotten), the name of Mom's hero.  Without hesitation Mom said "Dad."  Yes, my grandfather inspired me in many ways, but it was so nice to hear Mom call him her hero.

What about you though - do you have a hero?  Is there someone in your life who inspires you?  When I think of people who inspire me personally, they are not always people I have actually met.  Yes, it can be a relative or friend or co-worker, but we can be inspired by strangers too.  A guy I have written about many times here is one person who inspires me.  There are celebrities too and people long gone.

During the pandemic, I found more and more personal heroes.  The wonderful cellist who livestreamed concerts of his music, was certainly one of them.  All the people who showed care and concern for others, and the leadership we needed to get through it.  My friend Toan, who has been a hero to me since the day I met him, continues to be.  There is also Dinah, and Justin, and Kelly, and my wonderful sister.  It seems my life is full of heroes!

It is such a blessing to have people who inspire you.  The number isn't important.  It might be one person or it could be several.  The significance is that they inspire you.  Do you have such a person in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment