Saturday, March 13, 2021

We can make this happen


PLEASE HELP

I have said this before, and I will say it again and again if necessary. My stomach churns at the horrible news that seems to be coming more and more. Seriously. The increase in anti-Asian hate makes me sick to my stomach. There are several things here that bother me. The verbal and physical attacks are horrible. The discrimination is certainly bad as well. One additional thing though - the apathy. It really seems like people don't care.

We can't all change the world.  I will admit that.  We each can contribute though.  We each can so something.  I don't have all the answers.  I've actually asked here in this space for suggestions and was even met with silence then.  There was a time when people cared about strangers.  Do we no longer care?

Please.  I ask you once again.  Join me and take a stand against hate.  When someone is telling a racial "joke" let them know you don't appreciate it.  Call out any discrimination that you witness.  If you see a crime in progress, call the police.  Help your Asian coworkers and neighbors feel safe by letting them know you can trust them.  Patronize Asian owned businesses and show your support.

As I've said before, human beings can do some incredible things.  Let's see more of that, especially now when we need it so much.  End Asian hate.  We have the power!

No comments:

Post a Comment