Friday, July 23, 2021

A Day In The Life

No teenager should have to face cancer, especially not during this pandemic.  Those of you who read this regularly, know that I make mention of cancer here often.  My mom died because of cancer.  So many of my other relative and friends have battled various cancers.  This blog though is NOT about me, so today I want to make mention of Josh Cottle, a guy who has fought and is winning.  

First, I want to say that I don't know Josh at all, and my only information about him is what he has shared publicly on social media.  He inspires me though.  We need to be inspired these days!  Cancer sucks.  I am sure we can all agree on that.  This guy though is not only fighting his own battle, he is also encouraging others and I think that's pretty remarkable.  He has a youtube channel and at the beginning of his cancer fight he recorded a video called “Day in the Life of a Teen with Cancer.” 

How many drugs do you need and what kind of food will you eat? Does all your hair fall out like in the tv shows? Does cancer always win? There are so many questions that someone might have and whether you or someone you love has cancer, knowing what to expect can help you cope with the days ahead.  Everyone's story is different of course, but Josh tells his story.  Josh shares a very personal journey and I think this kind of awareness can make a world of difference.

I'm not going to tell you the Josh Cottle story.  That isn't my place.  He does such a great job of tell the story himself and I hope you will check it out HERE.  I haven't even tried to reach out to him.  He deserves his privacy.  I'll keep watching though as he shares more and more and I will keep being grateful that a day in the life of this young man is truly making a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment