Thursday, July 13, 2017

some summertime notes

First time here?  Well you are certainly welcome!  Usually I write here about those folks in our world who are making things better - the heroes in our lives - the people who make a difference.  Sometimes I write about how we can all follow their lead.  Every single one of us can make a difference you know.  Today, I have a few notes to share.

Apparently folks do read this.  Last week I wrote about a local bus driver and later in the week I received a lovely email from the superintendent for the transit system which read in part "We are all very saddened that her had to leave so abruptly, but it will be a good move for her. I appreciate your kind words and I’m certain that it will mean a lot to her to know that she made such an impact."  Well it meant a lot to me to hear these kind words.

Oh and speaking of kindness, I also write a blog about kindness and you can find that seven days a week at http://ofbeingkind.blogspot.com/ - feel free to leave some kind words there for me.  Oh you can do the same here as well.  Right below, there is a space for your comments.

Some of the people I have written about, I keep on hearing more from various sources.  I especially like hearing stories about Chieh Huang.  This guy is making a huge difference (he's the CEO of boxed.com) and I know we are going to keep hearing great things about him.  I'm sure some of you have heroes in your life.  Let me hear about them.  Seriously.  Let's tell the whole world about the wonderful things some people do.  I hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment