Tuesday, March 26, 2019

embrace equality

Should women be allowed to vote? Should a Black woman be allowed to marry a White man? Should two people with the same education and experience, and doing the same job, be paid the same amount, regardless of their sex? Should two adult females be allowed to marry each other? The questions I am asking here deal with equality. There are many more examples of course, but you get my point.

Time after time most polls show that Americans believe in equality and time after time the courts have ruled in favor of equal treatment, so what's the problem? Why don't we actually HAVE equality. Why do some people still refuse to treat others fairly?
 
"My personal conviction says I shouldn't do that," some are saying, or "It's against my religion."  What religion preaches discrimination?  Seriously.  When will we stop with the excuses and just embrace equality?  Let's be fair.  My personal conviction tells me that's the way to go.  My religion says so too!

No comments:

Post a Comment