Saturday, March 9, 2019

Still much to give us hope

When I began writing this daily blog eleven years ago, I had no idea I would continue it for this long.  It was always my intention to write about things I find inspiring, especially about people who are making a difference in this world.  It's easy to be discouraged when we read the negative stories that show up in the newspaper, but there is an awful lot of good too and so much more I can write about.

This week I was saddened to learn that longtime television personality Alex Trebek has been diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer, but was encouraged by the brave way he made the announcement himself, as he vowed to fight, and win.  Sometimes, even in moments of darkness, celebrities can shine some light.
 
There is a non-celebrity who has been getting a lot of attention lately.  His name is Seth Owen, and he has done some pretty remarkable things.  I KNOW I will have a lot more to say about him and I'm so happy to see such generosity.
 
There are stories that circulate on the internet that are uplifting and filled with hope.  I'm always glad to share these here as well.  Yesterday's International Women's Day was also a great reminder that so many of our heroes are women.  Oh and I love sharing comments that come from you who read this blog too.  There is a lot of good out there.  That is certainly something to give us all hope.
 
So, as I continue to write this, share you thoughts too.  As always, I would love to know what is on your mind.  I would live to hear about your heroes and about the things that inspire you.

No comments:

Post a Comment