Monday, March 25, 2019

My hero My mom

Today is the anniversary of a sad day for me, and even though this blog is NOT about me, I have mentioned my mother on many occasions.  This is the date on which she passed away six years ago.  I cannot help thinking about what an incredible mother she was - what an incredible person she was!
 
Most folks called her Teddy.  My sister and I of course called her Mom.  I also call her my hero.  She was always there for her family and her friends.  She loved to give whether money, or time, or her various talents, or even just her presence.  Even in her last days she was planning for happy events.  She wanted to share Easter dinner with my sister and I that year, but died just a few days before.
 
Sometimes I will wonder why there seems to be less love in the world.  There certainly was a lot of it from Mom.  She is one of the reasons I write this every morning and she is one of the reasons why I volunteer and why I keep involved in the community and in various organizations.  Thanks Mom for your love, your leadership, and your inspiration.  I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment