Saturday, March 30, 2019

National Doctors Day

How appropriate that I should wake up on National Doctors Day, as a patient in a hospital.  I am unable to add any graphics to today's post, but I want to say I am grateful, not only to physicians, but to all the health care professionals who are treating me. 

Take a moment and think about all the doctors you know, either as friends or relatives, or those whom you know professionally.  The gift of good health is precious and I am grateful for all of these women and men.  Such an important field and one which we will all call upon at some point in our lives.  This commemoration was the idea of a doctor's wife, and the date chosen was the anniversary of the first use of general anesthesia in surgery. The first Doctors’ Day observance was Georgia back in the early 30s.
 
Today, or in the days ahead, say thank you to a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment