Friday, August 7, 2020

It's Still With Us

COVID-19 is still with us, even though it isn't getting as much attention as it was a few months ago. Caused by a coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19 has changed the way we live  while causes so many to be hospitalized.  The death toll has been enormous.  Older adults and people who have severe underlying medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.  We are finding new things every day.

When the pandemic began, I made a decision to not write here about numbers because they are changing too rapidly and to also not write anything that might look like a science report or medical guidance.  I don't want misinterpretation to get in the way.  The best places to keep up with accurate information are official sources like your state and county health departments and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.  One thing I will say though is we need to pay attention and listen to the experts and follow their guidance.

I wear a mask whenever I leave home.  I also avoid close physical contact with others and don't go to places where there might be crowds.  I miss personal interaction, but for the safety of myself and others, I am certainly willing to spend this time alone.  There are marvelous ways to keep connected during this pandemic, like social media, zoom, email, and of course phone calls.  Things have improved somewhat, and if we continue to work together and respect each other, we will make it through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment