Friday, August 28, 2020

Surprise!

Even though this blog is NOT about me, today being my birthday (I won't say which one), it seems like I should surprise everyone and make an exception.  From time to time I do say a bit about myself, but rather than sharing pictures of my various activities and tales of the many events I take part in, the purpose here is to be uplifting and encouraging about doing good in the world and coming up with more and more ways to make a difference.  I prefer to be but a humble tool in the process and to save the spotlight for the real heroes who are making a difference every single day.

It being my birthday though, I would like to offer some thanks to all of you who read these words.  It really brightens my days to know that folks do actually end up on this page.  The clicker says that someone comes, but it doesn't tell me who you are or what you are thinking of course, so do feel free to leave some comments!  It also doesn't tell me if you actually read this stuff, so you comments will help with that too!  Oh and if anything I ever write actually motivates you to get out there and do something, you couldn't possibly have me a greater gift! 

Each year I raise funds for AIDS Walk San Francisco and for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light the Night Walk and I want to give thanks for all the people who have sponsored me there too!  There are a few other organizations I want to mention, because they mean so much to me: Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus, San Francisco Community Health Center, and Transgender Law Center. Any gift to them would always be a marvelous thing!

I love surprises, so do feel free to surprise me any time by giving to someone else.  Surprise me with the best gift of all - love for others!

No comments:

Post a Comment