Saturday, September 19, 2020

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Since news broke last night that Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg had passed away at the age of 87, so much has been said about her life, and rightly so. She truly made a difference.

President Donald Trump learned of her death from a reported and commented "She led an amazing life...She was an amazing woman, whether you agreed or not...I am sad to hear that."

Social media lit up with tributes. A friend of mine wrote on facebook "My heart just broke into a million, tiny pieces." My own facebook post (after admitting that I had been crying): "Devastated does not even begin to say what I feel right now. Justice truly was her calling."

California Assemblymember David Chiu posted a picture of her on his Instagram account writing "Years ago, I worked on Justice Ginsburg's confirmation hearing, and realized how special she would be. Her contributions to our country are immeasurable."

Former President George W. Bush said "Laura and I join our fellow Americans in mourning the loss of Ruth Bader Ginsburg. She dedicated many of her 87 remarkable years to the pursuit of justice and equality, and she inspired more than one generation of women and girls." 

It has been reported that Justice Ginsburg dictated a statement to her granddaughter shortly before her death: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."  America, make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment