Tuesday, September 22, 2020

She's Back

Were you watching yesterday? Ellen DeGeneres is back for the 18th season of her talk show, and I'm glad! As I have said here before, I stand with her. I think she has done some remarkable things and has truly made a positive difference. Is she perfect? Of course not. Did she make mistakes along the way? Probably.

She addresses all of that at the top of the show. “If you’re watching because you love me, thank you. If you’re watching because you don’t love me, welcome,” said Ellen to start the hour. Then she referred to a “new chapter” for her show and said that she is “committed to making this the best season that we’ve ever had.” I think we should let her. Would I have done the show the same way?  Probably not.  Regardless of how you feel about all the accusations though, let's give her a chance.

She also explained why she says "Be kind" at the end of her show (and it isn't a nod to the other blog I write.

“Here’s how that happened, I started saying ‘be kind to one another’ after a young man named Tyler Clementi took his own life after being bullied for being gay. I thought the world needed more kindness, and it was a reminder that we all needed that. And I think we need it more than ever right now.”

Thank you Ellen for a fresh start. Thanks for making a difference. I hope all the negativity is gone. We really need your positive energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment