Thursday, September 10, 2020

Take good care of yourself

So very grateful for the nurses, doctors, EKG techs, phlebotomists
and all the wonderful healthcare workers 
who have taken care of me in the past week!

Last Friday, about an hour or so after writing my blog for that day, I headed for a medical appointment at a hospital clinic that was supposed to be routine.  I ended up going from there to the Emergency Department and then being admitted to the hospital.  Lots of tests followed and finally a coronary angiogram with three stents placed. I'm home now and on a LOT of medication. I've also been told to take it slow and let my body get used to the stents. I must admit to being more scared all alone at home, than I was in hospital.

Yes, I know this blog is supposed to be NOT about me, but I am breaking my own rule this morning.  I especially wanted you to know why I haven't written anything here for several days.  I will continue.  No reason I can't sit in front of a computer for a few minutes.  So, please excuse my absence and watch for more blogging every day at the usual time.

I write here about making a difference in our world and all the heroes out there.  Let me tell you I have witnessed firsthand a lot of superheroes this week- nurses, doctors, phlebotomists, nursing assistants, techs, and all kinds of other healthcare workers, and I am thankful for each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment