Friday, November 7, 2014

Get involved

Election Day was this week and I am very happy to report that most of the people I supported were elected.  There is still a race that is too close to say for certain, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.  I was not nearly as involved in the contests this time around as I usually am.  I did a tiny bit of work for a couple of candidates and donated a modest amount of money.  Still, there was some involvement, and there will continue to be, even though I now live in another city.
 
The City Council meets at night here - I already checked.  It would seem to me that it would be extremely easy for folks to attend these meetings!
 
Attendance isn't all that involvement entails.  There are a lot of ways to be involved it what is going on around us.  Awareness is one of the really important things in the mix.  If you know what is happening and where it is happening, it is much easier to get involved in the whole process.  Don't like what your mayor just did or the way a legislative vote went?  Get involved!  Speak out.  Write some letters.  Perhaps it's even time for you to file papers and run for office yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment