Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Oh do you know the muffin man?

It might seem odd to be writing about muffins, but lately I have been eating more of them - a lot more.  Over the weekend I discovered that I am a diabetic, and so am much more conscious of my diet. Muffins are delicious, and it seems an occasional blueberry, bran, or even corn muffin can really hit the spot. I know, this supposedly is NOT about me, but given my current circumstances, I just had to relate a personal story.  There is another reason to mention muffins though. I'm told that yesterday was National Muffin Day. Sorry, that I didn't give you a heads up, but there's always next year.

I can tell you that today is Chocolate Cake Day and tomorrow is Punch the Clock Day. Oh and Thursday is Fun at Work Day and Friday is National Kazoo Day and next Saturday is National Puzzle Day. January seems to be filled with a lot of fun!

So what's it all mean? Well I write here about making a difference in the world and I can tell you from experience that whether it's muffins or chocolate cake or listening to folks playing their kazoos, happiness comes from fun activities and happy people, it would seem, are more likely to go out and do something great. Agree? Oh go eat a muffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment