Monday, February 16, 2015

The Gentle Barn

What a great idea! Actually whenever someone does something positive for kids, I think it's a good idea, but when you include animals, it becomes exceptional. I don't know if you have heard about this before, but there is this incredible place in Santa Clarita, CA that has become home to rescue animals, and a wonderful place for children to visit. They have a simple mission: Teaching People Kindness and Compassion to Animals, Each Other and our Planet. Sounds like my kind of place.

Now I'll be honest. I haven't been there. Someone just recently told me about this place and I am excited because it sounds so wonderful. I just looked at their website and learned a lot more. They have an online gift shop with all kinds of goodies, and the founder's message will make you want to put the kids in the car and head there right now! Check them out at http://www.gentlebarn.org/

Oh and one more good thing: the are opening a second location just outside of Knoxville, TN this summer. If you live on the east coast of in the middle of the country, you can head that way.

Want to see some horses, cows, turkeys, pigs, sheep, goats, llamas, chickens and a donkey? Come to the Gentile Barn. They have volunteer opportunities available and a number of ways you can get involved. There contact information and more information is on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment