Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Sage Advice

Did you ever have a teacher or a friend or perhaps one of your parents or other relative, give you some really great advice? Have you ever given advice to someone else? The wisdom of others is enough for any of us to set goals and to do good.

I think of all my teachers, there was nobody like Lou Ella Gridley.  She didn't give me a specific piece of advice, but her whole manner was certainly inspiring.  Her fifth-grade classroom was a special place and I think Miss Gridley was everyone's favorite teacher, but this is not only about her - it's about being good at what you do.

(A side note - Miss Gridley wrote some books about the area where I grew up.  Folklore of Chenango County and Few Are Left To Know are two of them, and they're both very interesting).
 
I came across this sage advice just the other day:  Whatever you are, be a good one.  Simple and straight to the point, this is something we all can live by.  It reminds me in a way of the United States Army slogan "Be all you can be."
 
This is something we can easily urge others to follow.  Once again, "Whatever you are, be a good one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment